Snakelets | ideas for new web server
The old Snakelets server has been powering this site for a lot of years now. Here are some ideas for a new server that I want to write one day:
- don't write a http server myself again. Just use a proper http server: lighttpd or cherrypy directly perhaps.
- use a python wsgi server such as Flask, or CherryPy
- database/ORM: SQLAlchemy (+addons such as Elixir?) or SQLObject or Storm.
- templates: Mako (text-based) or Jinja2.
- Routes voor url dispatching
- FormAlchemy / FormEncode / WTForm form libs
- i18n: Babel